Monday, April 2, 2012

March Numbers

After the Surf City marathon in early February I took a week to recover and then I put together kind of a loose plan to follow until my official Ironman training starts the last week of April. Starting with a  good solid base would make me feel a lot more confident about starting my 'big' training. I tried to schedule in 3 swims, 3 bikes and 3 runs a week. Each workout had a different emphasis and I added in some core/strength training.

Here are my numbers for March:
Swim: 39,950 yards
Bike: 375.14 miles
Run: 56.65 miles

March was a fun month because I didn't have any upcoming big races and I didn't feel any pressure to be 'ready' for anything. Training was just fun!

I had a big swim number (for me) because along with rededicating myself to swimming 3 times a week, I also took a weekly swim technique lesson. My speed hasn't increased dramatically but my technique and comfort level is so much better. I had decent bike miles getting a long ride in on the weekends with Dave and I was able to get in most of my Wednesday rides with my Wednesday Women group. My run miles were not too big but they were quality miles :) I think I made a great run breakthrough this month both in gaining some speed and starting to actually feel like a runner now and then.

Overall a good solid month. I'm looking forward to 3 more weeks of base training and then Ironman training begins!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great month! Enjoy this nice base stuff and the beginnings of IM training won't feel bad at all.

    ReplyDelete