Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tierra Bella 2012 & Long Run Sunday

I meant to write about last weekend, last weekend.....and then I didn't!

I rode the Tierra Bella 100K ride. This was my 3rd Tierra Bella. The first year I rode the 60K route, last year I rode the 100K route (by myself when Dave broke his bike a few miles in) and this year I rode the whole route with Dave. Much more fun!



The great part about this year was the climb was not nearly as hard as it was last year. I think I've made some good progress. The only bad part of the ride was as we were going down the descent, a woman crashed right in front of Dave. Her husband and I were right behind and had to brake hard to not run into her and her bike. We waited with them for about 20 minutes until we made sure their bikes would get on a SAG vehicle and the ambulance was on it's way up the hill. She, I'm sure, had a concussion (her helmet was cracked front to back in 3 different places) and probably broke/messed up her shoulder as well as lots of road rash. It was a little scary. I took the rest of the downhill pretty slowly :(


Sunday, I went out for my long run. I decided 13 miles on tired legs did not feel very good. I got it done but my scheduled massage Sunday afternoon felt really good even though it hurt like crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Scary seeing someone crash like that. Its always a bit of a reality check for me and reminds me to not get too relaxed on the downhills. Great job - 100 mile ride then a half marathon run. Way to go! I just posted on my blog about my massage experience - sounds like you are waaaay tougher than me. I wanted to cry like a baby during mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna! It was a 100K ride. Too early for 100 miles! Yes, it was a bit scary. I'm cautious on a downhill and afterwards I was even more. With what we're all doing, massages should hurt :) Hurts so good!

    ReplyDelete