Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Scenes from a mild Nor Cal winter.

I'm trying to hurry up and get this post out before our mild Nor Cal winter is over for a few days. We are expecting some decent rain tomorrow and then I would have to change all my pictures!

This had been the mildest winter we've had in many years and I've been taking full advantage of it. 

One of my favorite trail runs in Quicksilver Park.

I was out for my long bike ride and I huffed and puffed to the top of a hill climb to find a couple of deer munching away.

Along my bike route I get so see some beautiful green fields.

Sadly, our lack of water makes Uvas Reservoir look low and really nasty. They are going to have to fill it again for some upcoming races.

Happy red cow along my bike route with a little black baby.

More happy California cows :)

We had one ominous morning when I was on my way to the barn but then the sun warmed us up later.

The mustard is growing just fine. I love how bright yellow it gets.

The best scenery-Dave!

My Wednesday ride girls. Great workout partners.

Of course, with all this dry weather, there have been quite a few horse rides.

Another day, another ride.

Far off to the left, we were able to see San Francisco. It was a beautiful clear day.



Buddy doesn't miss an opportunity to catch some rays.

The temps have dropped and some much needed rain is coming tomorrow. I might have to plan some alternatives for my bike workouts this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment